Episode 17: The Postcode Lottery with Susan Seenan
This term might be something you’ve heard of, of maybe it’s not – if you’re embarking on fertility treatment you should be aware of the discrepancies across the UK regarding what is on offer. This is despite the national NICE guidance recommends up to 3 cycles where the woman is under 40, and one if she is 40-42 provided she hasn’t had any IVF before. Unfortnately CCGs are free to set their own local criteria.
Susan Seenan has spoken to me before regarding her work for INUK and in this podcast she has her Fertility Fairness hat on and explains what the organisation is doing to try and get some kind of regulation for what is on offer with fertility treatment on the NHS.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
- NICE recommends that 3 full cycles are offered on the NHS – which have been proven to be more successful
- The mental state of a woman knowing she has 3 cycles improves knowing you have more than one chance
- Private treatment costs and individual a lot more than it costs the NHS
What you’ll learn:
- Details of how you can lobby your MP
- What is available for you with Fertility Fairness
— Fertility Fairness (@FFairness) August 28, 2015